Pages

I've got a baby that wears a leash and child that now requires a helmet

Thursday, July 10, 2008

I've heard a lot of this lately, "Lady, don't you know it's child abuse to put your child on a leash?" Or, "Do you also have a shock collar for that kid?". But I say this, "Whatever (like Nacho Libre)". I can't wait to hear the groans after Dimpled Child's latest adventure, because I think that he may be required to wear a helmet from now on. Before I get to Dimpled Child's latest adventure, you must first know his Head Wound History. Please view these pictures with extreme caution:


Exhibit #1 (Cut next to his eye, courtesy of the futon, made just before a well-needed date for David and I).









Exhibit #2 (Dimples vs. futon, round 2. He was running on the futon and almost fell and hit the arm, Manly Man caught him before the fall, only to have Dimples jump up, run and fall on the opposite arm. That was the cry heard 'round the world, well after a way long, silent cry)












Exhibit #3 (This is actually a shot from before, but it shows a red spot where he smacked his face two more times in the following months-leaving a permanent dimple in that area).












Exhibit #4 (Why yes, those are staples in my child's head)










Exhibit #5 (Last but not least, this is what happens when you don't check if you're child is buckled in. I stopped short in the parking lot and my lovely Dimpled child bonked his head on the windshield and cracked it. No cuts, no head trauma or memory loss, I attribute that to the fact that he was wearing his Superman outfit that day)

4 comments:

k2 said...

before belts were required we used to argue who was going to lay down in the back window ledge.

One day when you were about 10 a dog ran out in front of our car and I slammed on the brakes. You went flying into the dash and after that I made sure you all were buckled in. That event scared the wits out of me. You were so hurt.

Poor dimpled child. He probably won't go w/o buckling up again.

Give dimpled child a kiss from his grammie.

Lara said...

Well, at least it didn't happen while dimpled child was enrolled in school!

We had an older brother/younger brother/boiling water/bad burn on the leg/(long story) incident when younger brother was in kindergarten. I kept getting questioned by the teachers. I think I was on child abuse watch.

The Scholer Family said...

Maybe you can get one of those biker helmets that look like darth vader.

How do you solve a problem like Malia? said...

Sorry Lala :( :( :(