Pages

The child formerly known as Random

Thursday, February 5, 2009


I'm going to officially change Random Child's stage name to Marshmallow Head. And here's why.

First, a background on the moniker, "Marshmallow Head". Long ago, when Marshmallow was a wee lad of 2, Mr. Manly and I went to check in on him in his bed. We first looked lovingly at his brother Responsible Child (with whom he still shared a bed), sleeping sweetly and he was so handsome, with nicely proportioned features. Then we looked over and Marshmallow and we both started laughing. Compared to his brother he had this HUGE honkin' face and head! HUGE!! You know, like the "So I Married An Axe Murderer", ginormous, got it's own solar system noggin. And so we started calling him Marshmallow Head. This name was also very fitting because he is naturally so soft and sweet and gooey.

In the past he's had his share of Love/Hate relationships, especially with Hannah Montana. But I could never really figure that one out because he really likes High School Musical. Isn't that the same thing?

He has also had his heart broken.

And now I'm kind of worried. He nervously asked me for some paper for some Valentines yesterday. I told him that I had already purchased some very manly Power Ranger cards that he could use. Again, he nervously asked me for some paper and I left it at that. And then I found this amazing valentine that he had drawn:

I just don't know what I'll do if she laughs or makes fun of him. I might just be suffering from a broken heart right along with Marshmallow Head.

7 comments:

Ben and Lori said...

That is SO adorable!

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

I hope she doesn't do anything, that would break my heart, you will have to keep up updated on the going ons

The Lyon Family said...

Oh, what a softy. He is so sweet. You let me know what that girl says about the card. I might have to have a word with her if she's mean to marshmellow. (yeah, I know she's only 7) lol

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

So how did he the valentine card go?

k2 said...

Can you get the card back or have marshmellow make me one just like it? He has a good sense of composition, color and balance. I love it. It warms a grammies heart. And I'm right in there with marshmellows aunty Kellee if the little girl breaks his heart. Give him a hug from me please.

How do you solve a problem like Malia? said...

I don't think it ever got to her. He tried desperately one night to take it up to her desk while we were at the school for a read a thon. But I told him that all the classes were locked. He did tell me that she chased him at the V-day party and he did this kind of silly giggle.

Kendra said...

Don't you just hate it when they grow up??? They are way too little to be liking each other! Millene and a cute little boy in our ward flirt! All the time! And she just laughs about it.