Pages

back to school blues

Wednesday, August 20, 2008


I started out this week thinking that I would be so happy to send the crazies off to school. Turns out that I miss the little buggers and I'm the one singing the blues. Here's a school memory from the past to start off the week.

Responsible Child has been followed since Kindergarten by two of the most adorable, squeaky little twin girls; Charice and Chantilly. When I'd go through Responsible Child's backpack everyday, I would find it secretly stuffed with love notes and pictures from Charice. The pictures had hearts and stick figures drawn holding hands. For Responsible's birthday he even got a handpainted mural from the girls. I think Responsible didn't really understand it all, and I don't really think he cared. We'll, I think he cared a little. As part of my past PTA duties I hosted an ice cream party for his class and as usual Random and Dimples came along. The kids were dancing to salsa music, eating and having fun. Random was turning on the charm and I found him holding hands and dancing in circles with Charice. And then he was dancing with Chantilly. And I noticed, that for the first time, Responsible noticed too. He looked kind of stunned. I hope it's not the same way when they're older...

2 comments:

k2 said...

I remember you telling me about the twins and notes. I can't believe their still there. Randome child sounds like he is his fathers child. Isn't he the life of the party and quite the dancer? Yes, it always sounds like a good idea to have the offspring off to school again but the reality is you do miss the little buggers.

The Lyon Family said...

That is too cute. I can't believe how fast they're growing up.