Pages

excuse me for the blogging break + a recap of recent seeifiknewya events

Saturday, August 30, 2008


So, I've been MIA on the blog and decided to post a recap of the past couple of weeks. Here goes:

1. It's back to school and soccer time. Lots of going here and there. Lots of learning new things and discoveries. Speaking of discovering, Squeaky has discovered that poop does not, in fact, taste good.

2. We took the little monsters to Kung Fu Panda last night and we were exposed to awesomeness -and- attractiveness, but it wasn't free like Po said; it cost a paltry $10.




3. Watched some of the Olympics and discovered quite a disparity among the athletes. While the Olympic Ping Pong team has quite a bit of hussle going down, I'm sorry to say that their skills are not as SUPER FABULOUS as the skills of the Gymnasts. They need to have like, SUPER GOLD medals for athletes with all the extras.

4. Also, speaking of the Olympic commentators, they need to remember who their main audience is and stop bagging on the athletes when they mess up. Seriously, we watched this Romanian gymnast doing a routine on a balance beam, and although she did "biff it" pretty bad, to her credit she had the wits about her to get up and finish the rest of it and it was fantastic. I think the commentators need to realize that most of us couldn't walk across the beam without falling off and getting a concussion, let alone flip backwards several times, and they need to ease up a little bit.

5. No more speedos. Yuck.

6. Had lots and lots of belly laughs when the scoring was all messed up with the gymnasts and Bela Karoyli exclaimed over and over again, "Isa ripoff! Isa ripoff!".

7. I secretly want to be Sarah Palin when I grow up.

8. It is not funny when you discover that you've worn your shirt inside-out, in public, all day long.

9. Finished the Twilight series during soccer games/practices/etc., etc. and liked the vampire storyline (you know I'm a StarWars, StarTrek, LOTR geek & am obsessed with superpowers), but could do without all the mushy stuff.





10. Lastly, the voting for our crazy house ends this SUNDAY, and if you still want to vote or want to bug anyone else to vote, we would greatly appreciate it! Cross your fingers everyone!

7 comments:

Lara said...

My older son won't admit this is public, but we've been renting all the episodes of Star Trek Next Generation on NetFlix and watching them every night. We started at season three, though, because seasons one and two have too much "Wesley" (who we hate) in them.

I haven't wanted to read the Twilight series though. I heard it was junior high romance, which is the last thing I'd want to be reminded of--by the way, did the series ever have a song in it with the words "Crazy for you"?

How do you solve a problem like Malia? said...

I think I'm going to join you in the
"I hate Wesley" club, so annoying. That's a "no" on the "Crazy" song, but yeah the romance stuff was not for me either. ba. ba. bum. bum. da. dah.

Tammy said...

Okay, so as I am reading your blog after seeing it on Lori's blog I notice your comment on mine. That is too funny.

Your blog is completely wonderful. Yours is what they call a real blog. It's great!

Leashes? We used them especially at Lagoon or very busy places. We had one that snapped up when you were done. We had three small boys. My boys ran away and never came back. Oh how I remember. The looks we got were either of understanding or disgust!

Twilight series--I really like these books. In the honeymoon chapter of the recent book I about gave up though--very mushy--but I hung in there and loved the rest of the book.

Great blog! And yes, blogging is fun. :)

Ben and Lori said...

Oh Malia, how I love your blog.

Your comment on the olympic commentators is so great. I agree. I think it is especially funny when the average person next to you comments/criticizes, because that person isn't even very good at catching his underwear when he flips it up with his foot. Too much info...

k2 said...

It's great to have you back. Still MIA from mine and I have no kidlets at home. Buuuuuuut. I've the most supercalafragalistic summer and one more super traveling event to St George for Alex's Baptism. Then it's your birthday on the 12th and a few more anniversaries and birthdays till the end of the year. Happy Anniversary to you and David. Sorry I missed it on the 15th. Hope you'll be celebrating your anniversary with a belated home make-over. Love you Mama.

Happy you're back.

Carol said...

I totally agree with your thoughts on "Levels of Gold" as far as the Olympics go. I don't want to take anything away from the Ping Pong Players, however, it just doesn't seem to be on the same level as Gymnastics or the Marathon Runners or any of the Syncronized sports (which, by the way, are my new favs. The Syncronized Swim Teams were pretty amazing).

I also agree with your thoughts on Speedos...and when did the runners and volleyball players start competing half naked?

I've got my fingers crossed on the Home Makeover!!

The Lyon Family said...

Wow, it sounds like you've been super busy. Thanks for the updates. Love you guys.