Pages

llamas and bosoms and sculptures, OH MY!

Saturday, August 9, 2008



We took a little trip last week to the Hare Krishna temple during the SeeIfIKnewya's reunion. The kids were very excited to go because they were going to pet some llamas (since they'd just watched Jimmy Neutron the night before). We also had a nice tour of the temple and the YIC (yogi in charge) sang some songs and taught the kids some chants. I liked the singing (even though I heard many snickers) and thought that finding out a little more about their culture was very interesting. As we were leaving, Random Child turns to me and says, "Why are there pictures of boobs?". Say what? And lo and behold as I survey the room there are indeed lots and lots of bare bosoms and as a bonus a there was also a nice sculpture. Now that, I say, is very interesting. After, I felt very relieved that Random chose to question me alone about the pictures instead of shouting it out loud or asking the Yogi personally, because usually, Random is completely without guile in this type of situation. Although relieved, I do admit that I would've liked some explanation for the peep show.

1 comments:

k2 said...

When you find out let me know. I don't get the connection. And, Yes I too am surprised that Random Child used restraint in his wondering. Good job Random. Great intro to other cultures.