Pages

Free the leash kids

Thursday, August 14, 2008


I have an account on Facebook and I came across a many groups advocating "Freeing Kids From Child Leashes". They're all about letting the kids run willy nilly and any where they desire. While I'm all for that, the leashes, believe it or not do serve a very useful purpose. I think I'd be willing to take Squeaky off the leash, if, they would be willing to come to my house and run after her as she bolts to the busy 45 mph street, in 95 degree weather all day long. I added one of their buttons to my Flair board as a joke, cause I just don't care. I think I'm going to create a group too, I'm going to call it, "I Only Put A Leash On My Child When We're Near The Street, Or Around Lots Of People So She Won't Be Kidnapped/Molested Or Flattened By A Car, Or When You're At The Library So She Won't Jump In An Elevator And Take Off Without You, Or When You're So Pregnant That You Can Barely Walk And Your Kids Seem To Know It And Take Advantage Of That Fact, So There You People With Groups Against Leashes Who Have No Kids And Don't Know What You're Talking About". Do you think that title is too long?

7 comments:

k2 said...

Ditto!! Love you mom.

Amy said...

love it! I'll join lol - my parents used a "leash" (it was actually just on his wrist) on my youngest brother - there was just no other way to know where he was & keep him safe.

Lara said...

My friend has shock collars on her dobermans. When they misbehave or don't come when called, she hits a button on a remote and it zaps them.

Consider: they are much more discrete than leashes--put on a turtleneck and who would guess?

I think they would work better on teenagers--so they are a better investment than leashes.

I keep threatening my boys with shock collars. Consider it. Maybe we could do a group purchase.

How do you solve a problem like Malia? said...

Manly Man is always joking with other Dads about shock collars and the other dads are always seriously excited about the idea. The idea goes into the GOOD/NOT SO GOOD category. Hee Hee.

Ben and Lori said...

That's awesome! 100% agree

Kiana Hayden said...

Haha! Did you get my "flair" I sent you? It was of the same picture! I saw it and totally thought of you! Love ya!

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

We were out at lunch yesterday and we saw a bunch of kids tied/teathered together out on a field trip, at least I think they were. I thought I would share that with you, seeing as you were the first person I thought of. Love you guys.