Pages

Alligator Panties

Thursday, May 29, 2008



"Mom, when Squeaky grows up to be an alligator, she's going to wear underwear" says Dimpled Child. "Dimpled Child, alligators don't wear underwear" (Notice how I'm completely unfazed by the illogical thinking and don't even think about correcting the notion that one day my baby will evolve into a reptile). "Yes they do" he says, laughing hysterically, "They wear BIG underwear!". Later, I follow up on this conversation (when your days revolve around laundry and legos you start to find this sort of fodder intriguing). "Dimpled Child, alligators really don't wear underwear" (Can you believe that I'm even trying to reason with this kid?). "Yes they do! They wear Barbie underwear". "Barbie underwear? Are you kidding? Alligators are big and Barbie underwear is small, that makes no sense" (Who's not making any sense now, Mama?). "No, they wear BIG Barbie underwear!". "Oh", I said, "Now that makes sense".

I'm starting to think there's a secret society comprised of seemingly innocent, cherub faced 3 & 4 year olds. They seek to gain favor with their parents by distracting them with very cute but illogical thinking, and as I'm writing this I'm starting to recognize a pattern of misbehavior followed by funny comments from Dimpled Child. Dang, I really need to get some grown up friends.

2 comments:

The Lyon Family said...

That has to be one of your funniest blogs! Why does he think alligators wear underwear and why does he think Little Girl is going to grow up to be an alligator? you kids are so dang funny!

k2 said...

I'm laughing so much I can't remember what I was going to say. Must have been brilliant. Dimpled child is funny. Yep, trying to reason with an alligator is kind of crazy. Give his a kiss from me would ya?