Pages

Happy Mother's Day!

Sunday, May 11, 2008



Here's Random Child's gift to me for Mother's Day; it's very insightful. I like oatmeal (yes, I'm a regular kind of gal), I am terrific, I like five sided objects, I eat (he knows me well) and I read (and write!). I love it when the kids make me notes or drawings in their little scrawl. They are the best gifts, really! When I was a teenager I thought it would be really lousy to get a gift like that. But something changes once you have kids and you appreciate the little crumpled Rembrandts they are constantly creating for you. What gets me too is how your Mom is excited when you make something for her and tells you it looks really nice-even though it's sort of ugly. I think my Momma still does that for me and it's very sweet. Love you Mom. Happy Mother's Day!

1 comments:

k2 said...

I think the 5 sided object is the funniest comment yet. I think Mackie just likes saying the word. it is kind of cool. When I was a teen way back when. I swore I would never feed my kids oatmeal or corn flakes because the cool cereals were too expensive. But look what happened I love oatmeal the old fashioned type and my kids do too. Nothing you or your sisters made were art challenged. I love it all. Thank you for the compliment. Love you too. Mom.