Pages

American Tribal Style Belly Dancing

Friday, May 9, 2008


I saw an ad for this class at the local arts center the other day; I'm not going to take it though, I'm already way too busy with my Asian Tahitian Yoga class.

American Tribal Style Belly Dancing (Was that the Sioux or Apache tribe?)
Dates: July 8-July 29 (Tuesdays)
Time: 6-7 p.m.
$40 for 4 weeks

This beginning level class will focus on learning to isolate body parts from one and other (Oh, you mean like rubbing your stomach and patting your head at the same time? I already know how to do that-I'll keep my $40 bucks thank you), drilling technical movements (If that drill involves jiggling my belly fat over and over again-forget it!), as well learning and mastering the American Tribal Style vocabulary for improvisational dance (Okay I'm still stuck on the fact that I don't remember hearing of any Belly Dancing Indians in history class) while creating a sense of self and sisterhood (Hmm, if you don't already have a "sense of self" you shouldn't take this class, it could be very confusing).


3 comments:

The Scholer Family said...

That's a very modestly dressed warrior!

The Lyon Family said...

Oh my scariness! Do you really let him out of the house. Ya gotta love him.

k2 said...

You have to take the class just to give us an update. Maybe for reunion we can drop in and check it out and if it works maybe we can do a mini cam class.

Is that a saturdays' warrior?