Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Fun with fonts! (Well, my idea of fun anyways)

So have you ever wondered where to get all those cool fonts (Cause you know I'm definitely not hanging around wondering about fallen trees in a forest)? Well, there are tons of places out there on the web where you can get them for free. My two favorite sites are fontgarden and dafont. All you need to do is download the ones you like, unzip and then move them to where your font files are on your hard drive-and Voila you are now Superfancy! Some sites even have funny quotes which are good for a laugh or when your mind is sticky and you just don't have anything decent to say on your blog that day. Here are some of mon favorites, they remind me those Jack Handy quotes from SNL:


"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for life."


Everyone loves a moose, some just don't know it”.


Give me the strength to change the things I can, the grace to accept the things I cannot and a great big bag of money”


I try to take one day at a time but sometimes, several days attack me at once”.


Sticks and stones.may break my bones but words will make me go into a corner and cry by myself for hours”.


The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you."


Enjoy!

3 comments:

k2 said...

“I try to take one day at a time but sometimes, several days attack me at once”. great quote.

I'm still using the fonts that came w/our pc 8yrs ago which make for very limited creativity. I love getting a glimpse into you and your sisters day. I love all of it and it gives me a chance to revisite great moments in history.

k2 said...

“The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans are suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you." everybody around me seems sane...and I know I am too, so the stats must be off.

love the font sites. you saved me a lot of perusing.

The Scholer Family said...

Sweet!!! I'm checking it out!!