Pages

Booger Hair: Another big difference between boys and girls

Tuesday, April 15, 2008



These photos are not from a crime scene, unless of course you think my apparent lack of mothering skills is criminal. No, these photos were taken to illustrate the phenomenon of Booger Hair. You see, all of our boys came out looking like Yetis and were promptly given buzz cuts at the tender age of 5 months. I was pretty good at the cleanliness thing back then and they never had more than a pleasant little crust around the nose. Now Squeaky Child comes along with her long girly hair and it is constantly plastered to her face with booger glue. This is another new thing for me as a Mom of a girly girl. Now, she usually has her hair pulled back with elaborate bows or ribbons and you might think it is because I am a sweet and precious Mom, but the truth is I really don't like Booger Hair.

3 comments:

k2 said...

booger hair was the precursor of hair gel. another glorious day of fun stuff. luv it.

Ben and Lori said...

I guess being a mom of only boys, I'm only familiar with "pleasant little crusts" lol, actually, currently Bridger has a peekaboo booger, you know what I'm talking about, where it goes in and out as they breathe and I can never catch the little thing. Malia, you can be so funny. My gosh. I never thought about hair getting stuck in it, yuck. Poor girls, boys have it too easy.

Gray, Kamaile, Wehilani &amp Orrin Ronk said...

I know exactly what your talking about. When Wehilani was sick, I remember going to get her in the morning and all I could see is hair glued to her face with the boogies and the worst thing about it was, pulling her hair out of it, sooooo not happy with me. Love the stories, they make me laugh, keep them coming.