Pages

Mom's a Beauty Queen

Monday, April 7, 2008


Dimpled Child drew this picture for me yesterday and with a big eyed expression said, "Mom, this is a picture of you!". I replied, "Umm, thanks it's really nice Dimpled Child". As I studied it though, I thought that maybe he is really giving me a compliment. Aside from the freakishly large head, note the legs and arms; they are stick thin, I'm lovin that. From what I can tell, I cannot detect a butt or stomach, which means they are so small that they cannot be detected; no problem with that either. I also have BIG beautiful eyes and a big smile (which he probably doesn't see enough of). It's the thought that counts. So, the next time your child finger paints with his diaper contents or scratches pictures into your oak dinner table, remember, he or she is merely saying, "Mom, I love you".

3 comments:

k2 said...

Malia, You're a great journalist. That's where Mackie gets his talent. Koa loves your smiles and the attention you give him. Got to love the no butt or stomach comment. I love getting the latest news update.

love you, Mom

The Lyon Family said...

How sweet! I wish you guys lived closer so we could witness all of your kids funny stories first hand. Love you guys

Ben and Lori said...

Malia you are so funny!