Pages

Cowboy and Octopus

Wednesday, April 9, 2008




This is one of my new favorite kids books by Jon Scieszka. It's a collection of five short stories featuring the friendship between a cowboy and octopus. I know, I know where do a cowboy and octopus ever have the occasion to meet or form a relationship given that one of them doesn't even speak? It's ridiculous and that's part of why I like it; after all, how many times can you read about Corduroy losing his button for the umpteenth time and not want to put your eye out. I find that children's books often impart wisdom and humor and if they are well written are as enjoyable to read for parents as they are for children. Here's one of the last stories in the book.

1 comments:

k2 said...

For a minute I thought you had put artwork to a Mackie story untill I read the book review. It's probably a book that gets kids reading too.