Pages

Church in your jammies

Monday, April 7, 2008


I so look forward to those 2 Sundays during the year when I can roll out of my bed and automatically be at church on my couch. I'm going to have to say that I loved the last talk by Elder Ballard who admonished women to stop driving themselves crazy and take time out for themselves. And did you think the note from Elder Monson's wife was hilarious? It's comforting to know that I'm not the only wife that thinks that way. I just went to the church website and downloaded the first session for my Ipod (right click on the MP3 icon and save the file) so I can listen to the talks that I missed; yeah that's right I missed some because I fell asleep, in fact I think it's a widely known conference rule that you MUST sleep through at least 2 talks otherwise you are not normal. What was your favorite part of conference? Feel free to post your comments!

3 comments:

k2 said...

Church in your jammies is the best. Well if I had tickets to conf. that would be the best. Definete draw back to jammies is getting comfy and napping.

I'm still cavemaning it w/a cassett recorder. yes they still sell tapes but not @ many places.

Yes Sister Monsons comment was great fun. President Monson is such a great orator. I love Pres

Elder Updorff [sp?] ."U" account of Presidents Monson focusing on the one. I loved how he told of how his wifes mothers decision to join the church was diff for her grandmother. excellent missionary tool to help people who struggle w/family that dosen't understand their desire to join the church. that our Allegiance to our Holy Father who is the Giver of all good gifts is the true ancestor that we owe our devotion & loyalty.

Elder Holland- gave clarification to what those pesky compilers/scribes of the Bible that placed the Book of Revelation at the end inferring that the heavens would there after be closed. Excellent testimony of the Truth & the reality of the LIVING CHURCH-Restored as it was w/Christ.

there was another brother in the Sat am session who spoke about science and success programs. He said whatever man thinks that he creates is really a discovery of what God already and forever has operated on. No discovery is original to man.

I loved it all. As the Prophet said the talks that were give were in such rapid fire and of such importance.

Mom

Kiana Hayden said...

Two talks? I thought it was two sessions! Oops, I'll get it right next time.

And thanks for the recap Nana :)

The Scholer Family said...

I also thought Elder Hollands talk was awesome. President Monson is an incredible individual and leader. I hope he sticks around for a long time.